Home Support Exercise Programs for Seniors
Home Support Exercise Program
Included in any regular service with Retire-At-Home, you will receive in-home training on our Home Support Exercise Program (HSEP) to help you remain active and independent!
Retire-At-Home Client Care Managers that have been trained to show you HSEP, which includes 10 simple exercises that have shown to improve mobility and overall health of those who participate. This is all part of our dedication to you, our client, in ensure your continued health.
The HSEP exercises are fun, easy to do, and good for you! Introduction to the program and ongoing review is included all at no additional cost!
What is HSEP?
The HSEP is an in-home program, created by a leading Canadian university, that includes 10 simple yet progressive exercises such as walking, reaching with your arms and rising up on your toes. If done regularly, these exercises will help maintain or improve functional mobility, endurance, lower extremity strength and confidence in performing daily activities without falling.
HSEP participants report that they feel better, have an improved outlook on life and can do things around their home more easily. HSEP leaders report increases in their participants’ energy levels and endurance. Imagine the increased independence and joy for today and the future!
Being more active is safe for most seniors as long as they begin slowly and build up gradually. Seniors with health concerns should always check with their doctor before becoming more physically active.
Benefits and Goals of HSEP:
- Better overall health
- Weight control
- Improved sleep
- Improved stress management
- Improved mood and sense of well-being
- Enhanced recovery from illness
- Improved “regularity” of bowels
- Improved bladder control
- Improved cardio respiratory capacity
- Stronger muscles, bones and joints
- Improved strength, flexibility and endurance in performing everyday tasks
- Prevention and improved management of chronic, disabling conditions such as diabetes, colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis
- Improved posture and balance leading to reduced risk of falls and bone fractures
Functionally fit senior citizens live longer, remain independent in their homes longer and participate more fully in community life!
Contact us today to learn more about the Home Support Exercise Program (HSEP) and how Retire-At-Home can help you remain active and independent!
Contact Us Today To Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Read Our Reviews