Have you recently learned that you have HIV? Or have you been living with the disease for some time now? Either way, we understand that it’s not easy to accept a diagnosis like this one. It can be frightening to face the possible outcomes, and having to manage illness and stigma can take a toll on your mental health as well as on your body.
Retire at Home Halton employs qualified, compassionate nurse practitioners who can help you manage the disease and improve your quality of life.
What can a nurse practitioner do?
- Take blood samples to send for diagnostic testing
- Provide immunizations and Mantoux testing
- Education services
- Work in collaboration with treating physicians
In addition to nursing services, Retire at Home Halton can offer HIV patients services such as:
- Arranging for transportation to appointments or methadone clinics
- Nutritious meal preparation
- Palliative care
- Mental health services
- Monitoring health changes to identify new illnesses
To find out more about how Retire at Home Halton can help you, contact us for a complimentary consultation: