Home Support Exercise Programs for Seniors
Time to get active and stay active… your health depends on it!
Retire-At-Home in the Halton Region can include, at no additional charge, in-home training on our Home Support Exercise Program (HSEP) to help you remain active and independent! HSEP includes 10 simple exercises that have shown to improve mobility and overall health for seniors and, as our client, we’ll do what we can to ensure your continued health.
The HSEP exercises are enjoyable and simple to perform! Introduction to HSEP and ongoing review is included all at no additional cost!
What is HSEP?
The HSEP is an in-home exercise program founded by a Canadian university. It encompasses 10 simple, progressive exercises such as walking, reaching with your arms and rising up on your toes. If these exercises are done on a consistent basis, but not overdone, they can improve functional mobility, endurance, strength and confidence in performing daily activities without falling.
HSEP participants report that they feel better, have an improved outlook on life and can do things around their home more easily. HSEP leaders report increases in their participants’ energy levels and endurance. Imagine the increased independence and joy for today and the future!
Being more active is safe for most seniors as long as they begin slowly and build up gradually. Seniors with health concerns should always check with their doctor before becoming more physically active.
Benefits and Goals of HSEP:
- Better overall health
- Weight control
- Improved sleep
- Improved stress management
- Improved mood and sense of well-being
- Enhanced recovery from illness
- Improved “regularity” of bowels
- Improved bladder control
- Improved cardio respiratory capacity
- Stronger muscles, bones and joints
- Improved strength, flexibility and endurance in performing everyday tasks
- Prevention and improved management of chronic, disabling conditions such as diabetes, colon cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis
- Improved posture and balance leading to reduced risk of falls and bone fractures
- Functionally fit senior citizens live longer, remain independent in their homes longer and participate more fully in community life!
Contact Us Today To Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Read Our Reviews