Having a positive outlook is best way to approach any situation that gives us stress or hardship. All of us at Retire at Home Halton want to help you manage your disability, whether it’s permanent or temporary, with a compassionate and happy approach.
What are the characteristics of disability?
- Substantial physical and/or mental impairment that is continuous or recurring, and is expected to last one year or more
- A person is unable to attend to their personal care, function in the community or the workplace
- A medical professional has certified that the above criteria have been met
How can Retire at Home help you?
Once a period of time passes and you don’t have help with daily tasks, this neglect can have a serious impact on your health, hygiene and the state of your home. Some of the services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Meal preparation
- Changing your clothes and undergarments
- Bed care (ensuring that you don’t get bed sores by moving your body regularly)
- Arranging transportation to appointments or social events
- General companionship
- Connect you with local support groups
If you are unable to work, are you aware of all the benefits for which you may qualify? Retire at Home Halton can help you apply for provincial and/or federal benefits, and can supplement the care you can receive under subsidized services to ensure continuous care and the best possible quality of life for you.
We offer services for all budgets and needs. Contact us for more information and a complimentary consultation: